Programs That Work
The Journal of Park and Recreation Administration (JPRA) is the official publication of the American Academy for Park and Recreation Administration. The Academy is an organization of distinguished practitioners and scholars committed to the advancement of park and recreation administration. The Journal was established by the Academy to bridge the gap between research and practice for administration, educators, consultants, and researchers.
One of the leading journals in the park and recreation industry, JPRA was launched in 1983 to encourage scholarly research and the advancement of knowledge for best management practices and delivery services. JPRA provides a forum for the analysis of management and organization of the delivery of park, recreation, and leisure services. JPRA will publish distinguished original manuscripts that will accomplish the following:
- move theoretical management concepts forward in the field of park and recreation administration
- provide clear implications of theory and research for problem solving and action in park and recreation organizations.
JPRA is published four times (online and print) a year by the American Academy for Park and Recreation Administration and Sagamore-Venture Publishing.
JPRA has been approved for SCOPUS.
- JPRA is indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI).
- Citations from the ESCI are included in the citation counts - Journal Citation Reports.
- JPRA is discoverable via Web of Science with an identical indexing process to any other indexed journal, with full citation counts, author information and other enrichment.
- Articles in ESCI-indexed journals are included in an author’s h-index calculation, and in analysis conducted on Web of Science data or related products, such as InCites.
- JPRA is indexed with EBSCOhost® under the following databases: Academic Search CompleteTM, Hospitality & Tourism IndexTM, and SPORTDiscus.